Sign in to Flickr or Fantasy Sports using a Facebook or Google ID
Signing in to Yahoo now requires a Yahoo ID. Learn about the reasons for the change in the FAQ section below.
If you used a Facebook or Google ID to sign in to Yahoo in the past and haven't upgraded to a free Yahoo Account yet, you'll need to follow these steps to access your account.
If you don't use Flickr or Fantasy Sports, but still have questions about how to access your account, check out our help article and follow the steps to access your account.
Steps to access your account
- Go to the Password Helper.
- Enter your Google or Facebook ID in the Yahoo ID field, then click Submit.
- If prompted, enter the CAPTCHA code.
- You'll receive a password reset email at the ID you entered.
- Follow the link in the password reset email to create a new password.
- To sign in to your account, enter the non-Yahoo email address in the Yahoo ID field when logging in with the newly created password.
- Upgrade your login ID to a Yahoo Account by signing in to Yahoo Mail using your Facebook or Google ID.
When you upgrade your Flickr or Fantasy Sports login ID to a Yahoo ID, it ensures you'll have access and support in the future.
- A streamlined Yahoo sign-in experience.
- A single account and password for all Yahoo products, across devices.
- Faster customer support and account assistance.
- Easier password recovery.
If you sign in to Yahoo using Facebook or Google, you'll be asked to upgrade to a Yahoo ID account, or sign in with an existing Yahoo ID.
If you don’t have a Yahoo ID, you'll be asked to create one and your existing data will be accessible with this new Yahoo account.
If you have an existing Yahoo ID already linked to Facebook or Google, sign in with this Yahoo ID since your data is already accessible with that account. If you have an existing Yahoo ID that isn't linked to Facebook or Google, you'll be asked to create a new Yahoo ID. Your existing data will be accessible with this new Yahoo ID.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.