Enable POP access
It's good to have options. Here's how to access your Yahoo Mail account's messages in an external mail program like Microsoft Outlook or Mac Mail.
Step 1: Enabling POP in Yahoo Mail
Important: Only messages from your Yahoo Mail's Inbox and Spam folders can be delivered to an external email client.
- Sign in to Yahoo Mail.
- Mouse over the Settings menu icon | select Settings.
- The "Settings" window opens.
- Click Accounts.
- At the right of "Yahoo Account," click Edit.
- A window with additional account settings opens.
- To the right of "Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere," select POP.
- Select your POP option from the drop-down menu:
- Don't download spam email - Only delivers your Inbox messages, not your Spam.
- Download spam with no special indicators - Delivers Inbox and Spam messages with no visible "Spam" indicator.
- Download spam, but prefix the word "Spam" - Delivers Inbox and Spam messages. Spam messages contain "Spam" in the subject line.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Setting up your external mail client
Once you've enabled POP in your Yahoo Mail account, click below to find the link to your mail program's instructions.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.